Complete Phlebology (Varicose Vein) Treatment Program Using Injection and Laser Treatment
The Montreal MédIME Clinic for Esthetic Dermatology is proud to offer complete phlebology program services that provide patients with access to the latest technological advances in vein treatment. Our program comprises diagnostic evaluation using ultrasound, injection sclerotherapy, Nd:YAG laser sclerotherapy, as well as ultrasound-guided injections and endoveinous laser treatment.
The MédIME Team:
MédIME’s team of phlebology experts is composed of: Dr. Maxime Goyette (General Practioner and Phlebologist), Dr. Jean-Francois Tremblay, dermatologist dedicated to the practice of cosmetic dermatology, laser and cosmetic surgery, and Ms. Michelle Therer, Clinical Nurse (varicose vein treatment specialist).
Description of Available Services:
- Complete medical consultation and evaluation for varicose veins and the leg vein system
- Doppler’ Ultrasound evaluations of deep vein circulation
- Surface varicose vein treatment using injection therapy (sclerotherapy)
- YAG laser treatment of problematic surface veins
- Ultrasound-guided sclerosing injections
- Endoveinous laser treatment
- Ambulatory phlebectomy (‘stripping’)
- Prescription of compression socks/stockings adapted to patient needs
- Follow-up of referred patients and yearly check-ups
Take Care of Your Veins at MédIME
According to the condition of a patient’s veinous circulation and the type of veins and varicose veins to be treated, one or multiple techniques may be combined to obtain the best possible results. Following a phlebology consultation at MédIME, our team members will be able to propose a treatment plan adapted to specific patient needs. When caring for varicose veins, it must always be remembered that these are chronic issues – no technique can completely prevent their reoccurrence. In reality, treated veins themselves do not return, but new problem veins can form – sometimes in the very same areas that were subject to treatment in the past. Regular follow-ups are the best medicine to control and prevent the evolution of more serious circulation problems – as always, ‘an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!